This article is about understanding the basics of SEO and its types.
First of all let’s clear the air about why there is so much buzz about SEO among online marketers.
So let me ask you few questions
- Do you want get sales/leads on autopilot even when you’re holidaying on a beach?
- What about waking up everyday with subscribers notification?
- Do you want all this without spending a dime on advertisements?
- How about google placing your website on the first page of the search result?
If you have answered YES!!! then let me tell you all this is possible by implementing SEO strategies.
SEO is a fundamental need for ranking your content in web searches.
But do you feel overwhelmed when you think about SEO (Search Engine Optimization)?
Maybe you hear the term SEO all the time but don’t know what it is exactly?
You must have seen experts stressing importance on SEO for building a profitable business/blog.
So when you know what is SEO let’s move on to it’s types.
“SEO is basically FREE advertising”
So let’s begin with the question “What is SEO?”
What is SEO (Search Engine Optimization)?
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization, it is referred to the set of methods which increases
the traffic towards the website by increasing its search engine page ranking.
So basically you have to follow some rules and use some strategies on your web pages/blog posts to get the organic traffic from search engines to your website.
SEO stands for “search engine optimization.” It’s the practice of increasing both the quality and quantity of website traffic, as well as exposure to your brand, through non-paid (also known as “organic”) search engine results.
– as per moz.com
TYPES OF SEO
1. On-page SEO: The SEO is done within the website like adding keywords to the Title, Meta data description, Slug, content, website structure, internal links etc. Click here to read about on-page SEO in detail
2. Off-page SEO: When the SEO is done outside the website. It means featuring your website on other online sources like write a blog post on any other website(guest blogger) or your website is linked backed from other trusted sources or websites.
If you consider both on-page and off-page SEO together it will help you rank your page in the top search results.