Do you know that web hosting can affect your SEO?
Today I would like to talk about the importance of choosing a web host for your website.
If you already have a web hosting for your website, continue reading to this to see if your Web host is performing well.
Also, you will come to know how web hosting can affect your business?
If you don’t know what is a web host?
“Web hosts are the companies that provide required features and technology to run your website on it. You can purchase it on a monthly or yearly basis”
Example – GoDaddy, Siteground, Bluehost, etc.
Why do you need to be careful while choosing a Web hosting?
In case your web hosting is not providing reliable services then your business might face
- performance inconsistencies
- unwanted downtime
- Security issues
This results in
- unsatisfied customers
- losing sales
- losing leads
- Low SEO ranking
Below I have attached one screenshot from the messenger chat to show you how one of my clients has faced the SPACE or Storage issue from local web hosting company.
A simple example to understand.
Suppose a customer wants to make a purchase on your website and it’s taking time to load the payment page or the website went down resulting in losing the sale and the customer both.
You might not be able to see these types of issues because these are temporary and web hosting issues are not reported by the service providers.
Related Post:11 Reasons to host your website on Siteground
How does a bad web host choice affect your website Google ranking?
(1) Downtime – It doesn’t only affect overall website performance but also lowers your website Google ranking. When a search engine gets a query and try to look for the related content in your website. It will not find your website that’s where it degrades the ranking of your website and also increases the bounce rate. Increased bounce rate directly impacts the website authority.
(2) Page Load Time – If a website takes more than two seconds to load, visitors are more likely to switch to the next possible option. Hence the website’s page load time is a very important factor for its reputation.
Moreover, a website with high load time will get a high bounce rate that affects directly on its search engine rankings.
A good web host decreases a website’s load time by using latest caching technologies that results in high volume of traffic. Remember, decreased load time means more web views.
Some of the best online tools to measure page load time are:
- Google Page Speed Tool
- GT Metrix
I think now you must have understood the importance of having a good web host.
How do I find a good web host?
- Research about the top web host service provider and see which one meet your needs.
- Ask in FB groups or friends for recommendations. ( I recommend Siteground )
- Check their uptime.
- Keep an eye on the loading time of your website.
- Find out the security features the web host is providing you.
- Don’t go for any web hosting just because it’s very cheap.
- Make sure they have 24/7 customer support
- Check the no. of email accounts you are allowed to create.
- Also, check if they provide FREE SSL & HTTPS.
Which Web host I recommend?
As a web developer, I have been working with different types of web hostings and websites from the last 3 years.
During these years I have worked on the following web hosts
- Siteground – The best Web host, I strongly suggest to use Siteground
- Bluehost – Average
- GoDaddy – Only buy domains from here
- Wpengine – Excellent web host but costly
- Local web hosting providers – don’t buy web hosting or domain
The best and budget friendly web host Siteground start at $3.95/mo and it has all the features that makes it best affordable web host for any type of online business website.
- 100% uptime
- Amazing website load time.
- 24/7 customer support – Very quick response time.
- FREE SSL and HTTPS
- FREE one-time website migration
- Free Email Accounts
- Back up facility available
- Secure Cpanel
- Timely reminder/info emails like WordPress, unsecured file, payment related.
Final Words: A website hosted on a bad host is equal to not having a website at all. It doesn’t give you any results which you are looking for. So try to research a bit before buying it.
I hope this information helps you find the best webs host. Please comment below if you have any query, I would love to answer.
Also please comment and let us know if like this article.
- 9 Tools Recommended and Used By Top Entrepreneurs
- Free E-book “5 Tips To Build A Website That Convert Your Website Vistors Into Customers”
- Ultimate Guide To Build A Money Making Blog
- Best Feminine WordPress Theme To Make Your Website Looks Like a Pro.
- Complete Guide To On-Page SEO+ FREE SEO Checklist
Sharing is caring, please pin it for future reference.